State of Emergency Regulation18 March, 2021
Decree No. 4/2021 of the 13th of March was published, regulating the state of emergency decreed by the President of the Republic.
The decree maintains some of the temporary restrictive measures implemented in January and February 2021, namely the ones concerning compulsory confinement, the general duty of home confinement, teleworking and the organization of out of schedule, the use of mask or visors and body temperature control, as well as the limitation of circulation between municipalities which, in this case, shall apply to the period between 20:00 of Friday and 05:00 of Monday and, on a daily basis, from 26 March until the end of the State of Emergency.
On the other hand, the diploma lifts some restrictive measures, namely:
- Lifting of the suspension of educational and teaching activities of pre-school education and 1st cycle of basic education, in a face-to-face regime and the suspension of activities, in a face-to-face regime, of family support and curriculum enrichment, activities provided in free time activity centres and study centres and similar, only for children and students who resume face-to-face educational and teaching activities;
- Lifting the prohibition for Portuguese citizens to travel outside the Portuguese territory;
- Lifting of the prohibition to stay in parks, gardens, green spaces, leisure areas, park benches and similar spaces, without prejudice to the authority of the president of each City Hall to decide on the closure or opening of such spaces and areas on their municipality.
Regarding economic and other activities, the diploma reinstated the following:
- Permission to non-essential goods shops that wish to maintain their activity exclusively for the purpose of home delivery or making the goods available at the door of the establishment, at the post office or through a pick-up service of products previously acquired through remote communication means (click and collect) to restart their activity;
- Hairdressing salons, barbers, beauty salons and similar establishments may operate by appointment;
- The opening of book and music shops, car and cycle shops and real estate agencies;
- The opening of libraries and archives.
The decree came into force on 15 March 2021.