Espanha e Associados, Sociedade de Advogados, S.P., R.L., aware of the environmental impact of its activity, is committed, as well as its associates, to pursue the following principles:
- Promote specific actions and make decisions that enable the reduction of the organization’s ecological footprint;
- Reduction of the CO2 emissions;
- Outline a set of measures that ensure better energy efficiency;
- Reduce paper use, restricting it to the strictly necessary;
- Be especially careful when choosing electronic devices, always choosing the greater energy efficiency range;
- Enforce recycling and waste reduction practices.
In order to pursue the principles by which Espanha e Associados governs its activity, our organization has been developing the following measures:
PAPER MANAGING AND SIMILAR RESOURCES
- Promoting the development of the professional activity exclusively through digital support;
- Implementing and developing a digital archive, to persue the phasing out of paper consumption;
- Recycling all paper waste as a result of the implementation of the digital archive system;
- Activation, as default setting, of the printing paper queuing system, so that printing depends on ordering it in the printer systems itself, through typing a personal code;
- In case of printing out working documents, promote draft paper use.
DOMESTIC WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Enforcement of a recycling system for waste separation: paper/board, plastic, glass and general waste;
- Choosing suppliers that commercialize environmentally friendly services and products;
- Stop the bottled water supply and, in addition, ending with the corresponding plastic waste;
- Provide water supply through a purified drinking water dispenser, with temperature control, for associates and clients;
- Offering a personalized water bottle to each associate, for daily use.
AIR-CONDITIONING AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Choosing devices for the office facilities, namely air-conditioning, with the best energy efficiency and among the more environmental friendly ranges;
- Sunlight oriented office premises – office rooms have natural light, except for three of them;
- Isolation of the office premises, using double glazed windows.
Raise awareness among associates, through internal measures regarding the compliance with the established goals, within the environmental policy, namely:
- Reducing paper use while developing office tasks, to the strictly essential and indispensable;
- Using the supplied containers – personalized water bottle – for water;
- Recycle domestic waste generated from the daily use of the premises;
- Preferring and maximizing sunlight for the office lighting;
- Opting and maximizing natural ventilation rather than air-conditioning;
- Erase unnecessary use of electric energy, namely lighting and air-conditioning, during absence or breaks;
- Privilege the use of public transportation when undertaking out office tasks;
- Prioritize the option of printing both sides of the paper.
Over the past 15 years, Espanha e Associados have been enforcing its environmental practices, gradually implementing the exposed principles and measures. In addition, and looking to the future, it is currently developing the following projects:
- Improvement of energy efficiency;
- Minimizing waste;
- Improving the recycling system.
We are aware that we are still far from the optimum stage of environmental sustainability, but closer than ever before. Espanha e Associados law firm is committed in pursuing its efforts to implement the referred measures and others that may contribute to the goals set forward in the present environmental policy.